How much one should weigh? However, there is not one ideal healthy weight for each person, because a number of different factors play a role. Many people get haunts to know the answer to above question.These include age, muscle-fat ratio, height, sex, and body fat distribution, or body shape.Having excess weight can affect a person's risk of developing a number of health conditions, including obesity, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and cardiovascular problems.Not everyone who carries extra weight always develops health problems. However, yoga and Obesity researchcentersbelieve that while these extra pounds might not currently impact a person’s health, but could lead to problems in the future. Research has shown that people who have more body fat around their middle are more likely to develop cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
Obesity is one of the common nutritional or the metabolic disorder. It is a condition in which excess
body fat accumulates to such an extent that health may be negatively affected . Obesity is commonly
BMI=-weight in kgs height ( in meter)2
This distinguishes it from being overweight as defined by a BMI of 25kg/m2 . Body Mass Index is ameasurementwhich compares weight and height of the person to categorize him/ her as overweight pre obese or obese In absolute terms is an increase of body adipose tissue ( fat tissue ) mass . Obesity is considered as chronic disease like High BP or diabetes. The food we eat contribute to our well being . Food provide the nutrients we need for healthy bodies and the calories we need for energy If we eat too much, however, the extra food turns into fat and is stored in our bodies. If we over eat regularly , we gain weight , and if we continue to gain weight , we my become obese.
A combination of excessive calories consumption and a sedentary life style are the primary causes of obesity . In a minority of cases , increased food consumption can be attributed to genetic , medical or psychiatric illness Consumption of High calorie and low fibrediet.People of High socio economic group are more prone to obesity . The obesity may inherit from parents to children Due to certain hormonal imbalance conditions like Hypothyroidism , Cushing syndrome etc. The persons whose rate of metabolism is low are at higher risks of becoming obese . Worry , anxiety , fear , feeling of loneliness , dissociation and frustration may stimulate the person to overeat. Too much consumption of tea coffee, aerated drinks , soda , soft drinks , alcoholic drinks result in deposition of fluid in the body tissues ad causes increase in weight .
Complications due to obese
1. Diabetes Mellitus
3. Coronary Artery disease
4. Cerebro –vascular stroke
5. Hypo ventillation syndrome
6. Osteo arthritis
7. Cancers ( ladies)
8. Sleep apnea
It may be noted that nearly 85% of the weight of the body is carried by the legs and below the knees it is 15% of the weight of the body . Thus the excess weight due to obesity which is mostly in the abdomen will have adverse effect in the knee , thereby leading to Oestoarthiritis and other problems , Sciatica , and other related Oesto problems
Satvic diet contains of fresh fruits and vegetables in its natural form , soup etc. Avoid fried foods, spicy foods , soft drinks and beverages , Non veg and alcoholic drinks to be avoided
Regular meals at fixed intervals.
Do not watch TV or read while eating.
Take healthy snacks at home like fruits vegetables and sprouts.
Have control over carbohydrates.
How Omkar yoga helps in Obesity?
Omkar yoga through its various Therapies such as SuddhiKriyas , various Asanas , Pranayama, Hasta Mudra ,Meditation OM chanting, and if practiced everyday for 1- 1½ hour then it is proven fact reduces weight. This should be done under a trained Yoga teacher/Therapist. Omkar Yoga has got such senior experienced trained professionals who are nearly 10-15 years old in this profession Poor sleep quality has been associated with obesity, high blood pressure and depression, among other disorders.This practices will help in giving good sleep and promote activeness. Either practice yoga orincorporate yoga into your routine to ensure better sleep.Through the above practices it has shown increase the secretion of melatonin, a hormone that regulates sleep and wakefulness.
There are certain yoga poses for obese beginners help in:
• Eating disorder symptoms and encourage healthy eating behavior
• Preoccupation with food
• Compulsive overeating and a feeling of loss of control
• A decrease in episodes of binge eating,
• An increase in physical activity and a small decrease in weight
• High blood pressure
• Coronary artery disease
• Heart disease
Pranayama, Kapalbhati, Bhastrikahave proven to reduce the abdominal fat by increasing the lung capacity and help in burning fats.Yoga also has a significant effect on anxiety, depression, chronic pain and stress — all common contributors to obesity problems.Obesity treatment through yoga could help improve balance and mobility in older adults.Yoga poses for weight loss helps in mindful eating, also known as intuitive eating. It is a concept that encourages being present in the moment while eating.
Suryanamskar is a significant yoga exercise to increase in upper body strength, endurance and weight loss. Women are more prone to have a fat across bellyand POWER YOGAworks wonder here. Power Yoga for obesity mainly decreases body fats. Asanasa for hypertension for obesity has been shown to promote well eating habits that help control blood sugar, increase weight loss and treat disordered eating behaviors.Obesity and Yoga research has now confirmed that the yoga is a boon to every obese. Yoga if practiced well keeps away several complications of which root is Obesity.
Benefits of OmkarYoga for reducing Obesity:
• May Reduce Inflammation:Omkar Yoga through the above mentioned practices can be practiced in any yogic pose that will reduce the fat at the abdominal level.
• Could Reduce Chronic Pain:Omkar chanting in yoga pose relieves mind stress and anxiety. Chanting of Omkar mantra relaxes mind of practitioner which indirectly reduces affects the obesity part of the body..
• Could promote healthy mindset: A rhythmic chanting of Omkar Yoga releases hormones which promotes happiness and feeling of positivity. It helps you to enjoy the activities which you feel you won’t be able do .
• Improves Flexibility and Balance: The regular practice of Omkar yoga shreds your extra weight. When weight-height and age is in right number ( i.e the BMI is between 18-25)then body of that person is said to be in balanced and flexible. Omkar Yoga improves flexibility and balance of your body as well as of your mind.
• Promotes Healthy Eating Habits: We all are aware that most of the illnesses are due to our eating habits. The energy that one receives after practicing Omkar Yogaactivates and stimulates the brain positively. This helps you to choose good-bad and it has been observed that people with healthy eating habits are less prone to illnesses . It keeps your weight in control.
• Can Increase Strength: The most prominent benefit of is that Omkar Yoga helps in increasing strength of mind and body. A healthy mind and body is none less than boon.
• Food intake : Healthy eating habits like alkaline foods, green vegetables , with salads and sprouts , taking food at the right time , with sleeping at the right time , will reduce the severity of the pain and the disease will not accelerate very fast. Fruits in the early morning in place of breakfast will also accelerate the reduction of the fat thereby coming out of obesity
All the above mentioned practices should be done under a trained Yoga teacher/Therapist. Omkar Yoga has got such senior experienced trained professionals who are nearly 10-15 years old in this profession and have proved positive results in this matter .
Finding the time to practice just a few minutes Omkar Yoga every day may be enough to make a noticeable difference when it comes to your knee health. Kindly visit the website and email your problems and requirements at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Weight talks a lot about your body and mind. We believe that right weight is a symbol of healthy mind and strong body.>