The human back is composed of a compound structure of muscles, ligaments, tendons, disks, and bones, which work together to hold the body and facilitate us to move around.The fragment of the spine is cushioned with cartilage-like pads called disks.Problems with any of these components can lead to back pain. In some cases of back pain, its cause remains vague.
Back pain is anordinarycause for absence from work and for seeking medical healing. It can be painful and debilitating.It can effect from damage, activity and some medical conditions. Back pain can influence people of any age, for different reasons. As people get older, the chance of developing lower back pain increases, due to factors such as previous occupation and degenerative disk disease.Lower back pain may be linked to the bony lumbar spine, shrinking of discs between the vertebrae especially at the Lumbar level ( L4 and L5),ligaments around the spine and discs getting torned out , spinal cord and nerves, lower back muscles getting damaged , severe pain in the abdominal and pelvic internal organs.Most people may experience low back pain at certain stages of their life.It is characterized by pain stiffness and tension in the back. This pain can vary from mild to severe depending upon the duration. It can be short lived or long lasting . However, low back pain can make everyday activities difficult to perform.
The low back pain is the most common cause of job related disability and leading contributor to missed work. Acute or short term low back pain generally lasts from a few days to few weeks . Most acute back pain is mechanical in nature as a result of the trauma to the lower back or due to the disorders such as arthritis. The most damage observed in the Lumbar segment is at L4 and L5 level This can be due to Scooter, Bike riding , computer work, without doing any morning exercise . This can lead to SLIPPED DISC
The low back pain is experienced by stiff back tension , soreness and /or stiffness in the lower back that moves down the buttocks into one or both of the legs may be symptoms of sciatica. Soreness in the lower back , muscle weakness and tight muscle may be caused by slipped disc. In case of slipped disc the pain usually radiates down the legs . Pain in the joints when walking and stiffness first thing in the morning re symptoms of arthritis . Neck pain and stiffness , headaches and lower back are common symptoms
Lower back pain also tends to be more common in women than in men, possibly due to hormonal factors. Stress, anxiety, and mood disorders have also been linked to back pain. Problems with the spine such as osteoporosis can lead to back pain. Pain in the upper back may be due to disorders of the aorta, tumors in the chest, and spine inflammation. Damage can result from strain, medical conditions, and poor posture, among others. Back pain commonly stems from strain, tension, or injury. Frequent factors of back pain are linked to a higher risk of developing low back pain such as :
(i) occupational activities
(iii) sedentary lifestyle (iv) poor physical fitness
(iv) degeneration due to old age
(v) obesity and excess weight (vi) smoking for years together
(vii)strenuous physical exercise or work, especially if done incorrectly
(ix)medical conditions, such as arthritis and cancer
Back is a complex structure made up of bones , muscles, nerves and joints that can often make it difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of pain . Most cases of low back pain are caused by sprains, minor strains , minor injuries or a pinched or irritated nerve. Some of the main causes are :
(i) Bending awkwardly for long periods ,
(ii) Lifting carrying , pushing or pulling heavyweights incorrectly causing sprain strain or spasm in the back muscle or ligaments ,
(iii) Sitting in wrong posture in chair for long periods especially computer professionals
(iv) Twisting or overstretching of back , Overuse of muscles , usually due to the sport or repetitive movements.
(v) strained muscles or ligaments, a muscle spasm, muscle tension
Damaged disk, injuries fractures or falls
Conditions or disease associated with Low back pain
Bulging disc, Osteoporosis , Skeletal irregularities , Fibromyalgia, Spondylitis , Herniated disc ( slipped disc) Disc degeneration ( Osteoarthritis in the spine ) lumbar spinal stenosis .
Daily routine forHealthier back
Always do warm up exercise or any other strenuous activity in the morning, Don’t lean forward abruptly while standing or sitting At home or work , make sure the work surface is at comfortable , Sit in a chair with good lumbar support and proper position . Keep the shoulders back and relaxed . Sleep on the side to reduce any curve in the spine . Always sleep on the firm surface. Do not try to lift the objects that are too heavy . Keep the objects near the body . Do not twist when lifting . Quit smoking : Smoking reduces blood flow to the lower spine and causes the spinal discs to degenerate .
Physiotherapy: Applying heat, ice, ultrasound, and electrical stimulation — as well as some muscle-release techniques to the back muscles and soft tissues — may help alleviate pain. As the pain improves, the physical therapist may introduce some flexibility and strength exercises for the back and abdominal muscles. Techniques for improving posture may also help. The patient will be encouraged to practice the techniques regularly, even after the pain has gone, to prevent back pain recurrence. Physiotherapy may be taken in case of acute back pain which may be healing through medicine and where sugery has been performed on the advise of an Orthopeadcian
Yogic treatment through Omkar Yoga
Omkar yoga is well established in the small time span. It does offer various yoga practices for lower back pain:
• Yoga for Lower back pain- Yoga for beginners-lower back pain
• Yoga for lower back pain relief
• Yoga for sciatia, hip pain
• Yoga for cervical
• Regular stretches for lower back pain
• Yoga for back injury recovery
Examples include: Bhujangasan, Trikonasan and Uttanpadhastasan. Suryanamaskar if practiced with right pause and pose works wonder for every pain related to upper and lower back.
Yoga involves specific poses, movements, and breathing practices. Some may help strengthen the back muscles and improve posture. Care must be taken that exercises do not make back pain worse. Studies on complementary therapies have given mixed results. Some people have experienced significant benefit, while others have not. It is important, when considering alternative therapies, to use a well qualified therapist.
Benefits of Omkar Yoga in curing Lower back pain :
• May Reduce Inflammation:Omkar Yoga can be practiced in any yogic pose that gives your back pain comfort which itself reduces pain.
• Could Reduce Chronic Pain:Omkar chanting in yoga pose relieves mind stress and anxiety. A feel of knee pain or any chronic pain is in mind first. Omkar yoga relaxes mind of practitioner which indirectly reduces chronic pain at least feeling of it.
• Meditation : Continues observation of breath and other things will reduce the level of breathing thereby increasing the immunity power
• Asanaswill be specific to lower back supported by Pranayama
• MudraTherapy : Will be applied on case to case basis
• Accu pressure : if required
• Could promote healthy mindset: A rhythmic chanting of Omkar Yoga releases hormones which promotes happiness and feeling of positivity. In illnesses like knee pain healthy mindset surely works wonder. It helps you to enjoy the activities which you feel you won’t be able do ever due to back pain
• Improves Flexibility and Balance: The regular practice of Omkar yoga shreds your extra weight. When weight-height and age is in right number ( i.e the BMI is between 18-25)then body of that person is said to be in balanced and flexible. Omkar Yoga improves flexibility and balance of your body as well as of your mind.
• Care : to be taken not to lift heavy weight which again causes disruption at the back Forward bending to be avoided . Any weight lifting should be avoide d, if required you may squat and stretch the material till the back muscles are strengthened due to the continuous practice of Asanas and Pranayama .
• Promotes Healthy Eating Habits: We all are aware that most of the illnesses are due to our eating habits. The energy that one receives after practicing Omkar Yogaactivates and stimulates the brain positively. This helps you to choose good-bad and it has been observed that people with healthy eating habits are less prone to illnesses like knee pain. It keeps your weight in control.
• Can Increase Strength: The most prominent benefit of is that Omkar Yoga helps in increasing strength of mind and body. A healthy mind and body is none less than boon. The
• Food intake : Healthy eating habits like alkaline foods, green vegetables , with salads and sprouts , taking food at the right time , with sleeping at the right time , will reduce the severity of the pain and the disease will not accelerate very fast.
Finding the time to practice just a few minutes Omkar Yoga every day may be enough to make a noticeable difference when it comes to your knee health. Kindly visit the website and email your problems and requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com