High blood pressure is also known as hypertension. Blood pressure is the amount of force exerted against the walls of the arteries as blood flows through them.If left untreated or uncontrolled, high blood pressure can cause many health problems. These conditions include heart failure, vision loss, stroke, and kidney disease.OMKAR YOGA helps in minimizing risk of developing hypertension increases as people age. The practice of OMKAR YOGA through its branches also in Asanas , Bandhas , Mudras , OMkar Chanting , Mediation, Mudra Therapy and if required Acupressure in certain cases cureheart functions, a muscle that pumps blood around the body.Blood that has low oxygen levels is pumped towards the lungs, where oxygen supplies are replenished. The oxygen rich blood is then pumped by the heart around the body to supply our muscles and cells. The pumping of blood creates pressure.If a person has high blood pressure, it means that the walls of the arteries are receiving too much pressure on a constant basis.
Pranayama more than Asanas supported by Meditation and Omkar Chanting Chantingfor high BPplays important role in keeping the function of arteries smooth and proper.
Hypertension also referred to as high blood pressure , in which the arteries have continuous elevated blood pressure. Blood pressure(B P ) is the force of the blood exerted on the walls of the blood vessels . Every time the human heart beats , it pumps the blood to the whole body through the Arteries . The higher the pressure , harder the heart has to pump. Normal level is 120/80 mm HG, where 120 represents the systolic measurement and 80 represents the Diastolic movement . BP between 120/80mmHgand 139/89mmHG is called pre- Hyper tension and above 140/90mmHg is called Hypertension .Untreated Hypertension can lead to serious disease including heart attack andstrokes
Causes of high BP
The causes of high blood pressure are divided into two categories- Essential high blood pressure and Secondary high blood pressure. Most of the causes below are risk factors for essential high blood pressure but regular practice of varioussurely reduces the symptoms. There are also examples of secondary high blood pressure:
• Family history
• Ethnic background
• Obesity and overweight
• Some aspects of gender
• Physical inactivity
• Alcohol intake
• High salt intake
• High fat diet
• Mental stress
Signs and symptoms
Most people with high blood pressure will not experience any symptoms. It is often known as the "silent killer" for this reason.However, once blood pressure reaches about 180/110 mmHg, it is considered a medical emergency known as a hypertensive crisis. At this stage, symptoms will show, including:
• blurred or double vision
• palpitations, or irregular or forceful beating of the heart
Through Omkar Yoga breathing technic has been playing a role of doctor to reduce the signs and symptoms of High BP. The unplanned lifestyle is very main reason of illness like high BP. The practice of Pranayama will giving happiness and healthy life to several practitioners. Kapalbhati , abdominal breathing , AnulomVilomare really helpful in treating High BP. The above practices and Meditation , Mudra Therapy emphasizes on reducing stress due to High BP .Through Omkar yoga the importance is given to practice yoga in right way as it is well said that if you choose the right yoga pose, yoga can be great therapy for high BP.
Asanas for reducing the BPincluded are-Janusirasana, Badhdhakonasan, virasana, UpvishtaKonasana, Vipritkarani and Setubandh asana, Sarvangasan etc.Apanvayu mudra also known as heart mudra, is a key factor for maintaining the BP. It improves blood circulation, relieves excessive stomach gas, improves functioning of lungs, promotes body detoxification and improve sleep quality.The other supporting factor will be Yoga Nidra / Savasana
Omkar yoga inculcates habit of regular practiceThese practices include YOGA,Pranayama, Hast Mudra etcto lessen the symptoms of high blood pressure alone or in a combination of healthy lifestyle, yoga may help reduce risk factors for high BP
Benefits of Omkar Yoga in maintaining BP:
• Could promote healthy mindset: A rhythmic chanting of Omkar Yoga releases hormones which promotes happiness and feeling of positivity. It helps you to enjoy the activities which you feel you won’t be able do ever before.
• Improves Flexibility and Balance: The regular practice of Omkar yoga shreds your extra weight. When weight-height and age is in right number ( i.e the BMI is between 18-25)then body of that person is said to be in balanced and flexible. Omkar Yoga improves flexibility and balance of your body as well as of your mind.
• Promotes Healthy Eating Habits: We all are aware that most of the illnesses are due to our eating habits. The energy that one receives after practicing Omkar Yogaactivates and stimulates the brain positively. This helps you to choose good-bad and it has been observed that people with healthy eating habits are less prone to illnesses . It keeps your weight in control.
• Can Increase Strength: The most prominent benefit of is that Omkar Yoga helps in increasing strength of mind and body. A healthy mind and body is none less than boon.
• Food intake : Healthy eating habits like alkaline foods, green vegetables , with salads and sprouts , taking food at the right time , with sleeping at the right time , will reduce the severity of the pressure exerted in the walls of the arteries and thereby the pressure will be maintained. Salt intake in the food should be reduced to the minimum and spicy curries to be avoided
All the above mentioned practices should be done under a trained Yoga teacher/Therapist. OmkarYoga has got such senior experienced trained professionals who are nearly 10-15 years old in this profession and have proved positive results in this matter
Finding the time to practice just a few minutes Omkar Yoga every day may be enough to make a noticeable difference when it comes to your knee health. Kindly visit the website and email your problems and requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com
Changes in lifestyle can help lower high blood pressure